Monday, February 29, 2016

Days 29 and 30!!

That's right, my friends. It's Day 30! 30 Days, no added sugar, no dairy, no gluten, no grains of any kind, no soy, no alcohol. Let's gauge how I'm feeling:

Main reason I tried this - eczema. Nope, still there, still really itchy. Bummer. I guess that one is not food-related.
Phlegmy, coughing, grossness - nope, also still there. I had high hopes for this one; my dad dropped gluten, and his asthma went away. Of course, I did have bronchitis a month ago, so maybe this is just the lingering cough? But, it has lingered an awful long time. I don't have full-blown asthma, either, so I'm hopeful that once I lose enough weight, it will ease.
TigerBlood - I don't know. I definitely have more energy, but is that because of what I've eliminated, or just because I am eating a clean diet of whole foods, and smaller portions?
All of this is eclipsed by the fact that I have lost weight, and a decent amount for such a short time. I don't have exact numbers as of now, so I will weigh myself tomorrow so I can give you those numbers. I didn't do any measuring or pictures or anything, which is kind of silly, but I honestly did not think I would stick to this.
And that is the biggest "go me" thing - this is the first time in 18 years I've actually stuck to dietary changes like this for more than a few days at a time. I proved to myself that I do have discipline.

So, what now? My plans for tomorrow include a morning stop at Dunkin' Donuts, then lunch at 5 Guys with double cheeseburgers and fries, an afternoon snack of white cheddar popcorn, Pepsi, and cupcakes, a stop at Graeters for double-scoops, and then dinner of Mexican?

Noooooo. Too bad for me. Tomorrow, I plan to add beans to my diet. Crazy, right? I think I mentioned in the last blog, I am not confident that I have managed a strong enough change to my habits to be able to just add stuff back in will-nill. So I will be doing a slow reintroduction - tomorrow will be beans, and then I'll wait a few days, then I'll try gluten-free grains (hello, oatmeal my old friend!) I have to ease the sugar, as I do not want to go back to my old sugar-guzzling habits.


Oh, I am so looking forward to adding sugar and cream to my coffee again. Almond milk is ok, but I miss my coffee. Maybe I'll try that creamer my cousin mentioned...

And, I have an appointment for a pedicure on Sunday - huzzah!

Let's have a quick chat about politics. I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who would ever vote for the Trump. Do you watch John Oliver? He makes me laugh, but he is also pretty good at presenting information we really need to hear (I'm still stewing over the fact that Matt Bevins won the freaking gubernatorial race in KY,) and I checked most of these facts,so if you feel like some learning through a good John Oliver - ish rant, and a few good giggles at the same time, check this out: Drumpf!

Yikes.

Oops, I almost forgot to share the food:

Day 29: chili-lime chicken burger, salad; berries, grapes, broccoli, chicken, potato with ghee and salt; almond crusted chicken, asparagus cooked with prosciuto.

Day 30: chicken, potato, spinach soup; roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, lemon LaraBar; fajita chicken and veggies.

Workouts: yesterday was a long walk with a friend, today was boot camp.

Which is why I am way sleepy. Tomorrow I will share numbers. 'Night!

No comments: