Saturday, February 27, 2016

Days 27 and 28

The Oscars are tomorrow night, and I rarely, if ever, watch the movies nominated for Oscars. Unless forced. Which happens occasionally. I just watched The Martian, though, because I read the book, which was brilliant. Seriously, if you haven't read it, go now. Read it. The character of Mark Watney is a much more likable character in the book, which is saying something, because I adore Matt Damon. But you can't quite get in his head in the movie, since there is so much else going on, and he is a guy with a great sense of humor (Mark Watney, not Matt Damon, although I like to believe Mr. Damon and I would get along just fine, in stitches constantly.) Anyway, I still enjoyed the movie well enough.

If we are friends on Facebook, you know yesterday was a very good day. I went to boot camp in the morning, and we played musical chairs and kickball, and had a blast. I had a lot of energy all day, and my sister and her husband and my mom came over in the evening for a visit, which is always fun. I also had a very good weigh in. I will share results later this week, but it was good. (And yes, I know I'm not supposed to weigh in. I started out the program doing that, but it was such a pain in the arse having the printout in my book and not looking at it. I'm not eating sugar - I'm restricting myself enough. What can I say, I'm a freaking rebel.)
Today I did some kickboxing, and some baby snuggling, and some friend visiting, and some reading, and some napping with Finnegan, which is my favorite thing to do. These were very happy Saturday activities. Tomorrow is for volleyball, and hopefully some food prep. And even more hopefully, some time outside. It's supposed to be beautiful.

Day 27: banana, chicken fried cauliflower rice with spinach (not so good, need to play with that); chicken, carrots, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, plantain chips, salsa; hamburger, salad, fruit, brownie balls.

Day 28: berries, grapes, lemon LaraBar; chicken, more grapes, plantain chips, salsa; steak, potatoes with ghee and salt; brownie balls. Not nearly enough veggies today.

I have chicken in the crockpot right now, and I plan to make soup tomorrow. I have plenty of salad, and I'll have chicken. I would like to reintroduce beans on Tuesday; that is my first reintroduction food. I can't believe Monday is my last day. I have to be strong and do the slow reintroduction, though, I am not confident that my habits are changed enough to go completely off-plan, and I would like to see what foods affect me how. My body is my experiment - what fun!
"In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option, I'm gonna have to science the s**t out of this"

No comments: