I love a good blog challenge as much as the next person but Erin over at Bluebird Baby must have been spying through my windows lately when she came up with her own Year of Choice challenge for this year. Because in the past month I have been choosing to live more consciously- conscious of my own health and well-being, conscious of my attitude when I am with my kids, conscious of the way I behave when I am with friends. I'm tired of being snarky and irritated, and I truly believe these are the choices I need to make.
I've begun this conscious living choice with exercize. I have woken up each day and, rather than swearing at the alarm clock, gotten up and exercized. And what a difference in my sense of well-being just that change has made - more energy, more strength. I've been choosing water over soda (which is tough for me, let me tell you) and fruit and almonds over chips. Not always - sometimes I'm making the conscious choice to eat chocolate, but the choice is conscious, and that's the point.
Today, after nearly 2 hours of lovely, sweaty, butt-shaking Zumba, The Girl and I made Valentines. She has been asking, and today was the day. It was crafty and lovely.
Ooh, and I chose to let my husband do the cooking. Yum.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
It was a rough day - and not for any particular reason. Lots of little ones. So this is a much needed moment of reflection and gratitude.
This week I am thankful for:
1. Hot cocoa. Hot tea. Hot coffee. Hot beverages make a Missy warm.
2. Hot music. Especially loving the album "Brother" by the Black Keys. Could listen all day.
3. Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. I drink a mug of it for lunch almost every day. It makes me happy.
4. My library's online reserve feature. I know, kind of boring, but it has made my life so much easier. I browse online, reserve a bunch of books, and just go in and pick them up at the desk. Of course, there is something wonderful about an hour spent in the stacks browsing, but I haven't had enough time lately. So, hurrah for the public library making my favorite habit/hobby a little more convenient!
5. Delish celebratory food with good friends tonight at Oriental Wok. It's my year, people, the Year of the Rabbit. Gung hay fat choy!