Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 5

Oh my gosh, you guys. I just made the most delicious soup! My friend L suggested I should make a soup to take for my breakfast. I went to one of my favorite blogs, Roni's Weigh, and then took a trip to her recipe blog, Green Lite Bites. I made Kale Potato Chicken soup, although I tweaked it a wee bit - I don't keep kale on hand, so I used spinach. I asked my husband to pick up spinach over the weekend. Do you have any idea how much spinach is in 2 1/2 pounds of spinach? Well, it's 2 1/2 pounds, but it's a freaking huge bag. Anyway, I had roasted sweet potatoes and cooked potatoes and cooked chicken leftover...plus the homemade bone broth...oh, it's so good. I'm so excited for breakfast tomorrow. Even my Girl likes it.

And today was yummy, too! I had chicken and sweet potato for breakfast, leftover fajita and cauliflower rice for lunch, and this very colorful salad:


with spinach, cruciferous crunch, bell pepper, onion, and Tessemae's Balsamic vinaigrette, which was actually very tasty, for dinner, with a hamburger.

This morning I woke up - no headache, no nausea! Tired. So so tired. Luckily, I had a friend meeting me at boot camp, so I went, and I'm glad I did.

In other news, I finished my manager assessments today, so huzzah for that. Ooh, I've been meaning to share this here for months, and I keep forgetting - you know how I often lament the fact that I do not have a passion; I don't know my purpose. I read an article, http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-21637/18-signs-youre-exactly-where-you-should-be-in-life-even-if-it-doesnt-feel-like.html (a few months ago), and one thing really grabbed my attention:

"You’ve let go of trying to find your purpose and instead live each day on purpose."

Good stuff, that. I'm not convinced I'm exactly where I should be at this point, but this statement makes me think maybe it doesn't exactly matter - I can make this work. 

No comments: