Monday, August 26, 2019

Days 19-22

This may be the way it goes - not blogging on the weekends and catching up on the weekdays. Why? Because I am a busy girl, people. Friday I did a yoga class (a lovely, relaxing, yin yoga class), and then spent the evening hanging out with my guy, Sunday night I went to a book club where I discussed the very excellent book Where the Crawdads Sing with some lovely friends, and, well...Saturday night I watched "Schitt's Creek" because it was good, and enjoyable, but my sitting on my butt watching tv was probably not something to write about.

It was a lovely weekend, though. The weather was insanely beautiful - low 80's, sunny, gorgeous. I mowed and gardened and walked on Saturday, and Sunday morning I met a friend to walk, and then went to the gym to lift, and came home to do some more gardening. We are impatiently awaiting our green tomatoes to ripen - we've had a few, but something seems to eat the bottoms off them, which is a bit irritating. Probably the unbelievably fat rabbit that is waddling across my yard most evenings. I believe he has also eaten most of our jalapenos and serranos this year. Spicy little bugger.

Today I got three out of my five reviews done at work, so, go me! I got off early to take my daughter to an appointment, and then ran all the errands - went to the gym, where I worked my chest and butt/hips, picked up Finny's insulin, Girl's contacts, and a rental car - tomorrow I have to drive a bunch of coworkers up to Dublin for a staff meeting, which, admittedly, I am not looking forward to, but we do what we have to do. Then onto friend's house for weigh in - 3 lbs down from last week (I'm not tracking these weigh-ins here, as it is a different scale than the one at the doctor's office, and the doctor's scale has it out for me, but I'm using that one to track.) Then home, where I ate chicken and veggies, and a few pieces of little naan with artichoke/jalapeno dip, but I'm still kind of hungry, so I believe tea is in order. Did I tell you all about the very cool gift I received a few weeks ago - a tea sampler gift set from Pukka:


Not quite as cool as the 10 tiny Jeff Goldblum buttons someone made me, but still lovely.

I'll have to wake up early and walk tomorrow morning, since I'm not entirely sure what time I'll be home. In the meantime, I should probably get my laundry folded. Which is a little silly, since it's just fine hanging out in the basket, but it would probably be a little more convenient I didn't have to run around the house naked in the morning, looking for clean underwear. Of course, nobody else wakes up that early, so it's not that big a deal...

Big question for the day - what is the best book you've read this summer?

No comments: