Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 9

After posting about fixing my snacking habits, I snacked like a crazy person today. So much snacking - a lot of plums, a bit of peanut butter. Not feeling great about all the snacking. Tomorrow is another day, however, and I am packing in limited snacks, so I won't be able to oversnack. I did walk this morning. There is a danger element when walking while staring at the sky, hoping to catch the last few meteors. I only saw one, unfortunately, but I only tripped twice, and never fell, so I have that going for me. My plan is to walk again tomorrow morning, but it may have to change to afternoon, depending upon what time I get to sleep. I have trouble sleeping when everyone else in the house is awake, and this is a problem when my kids both stay up later than I do.

I did my weekly weigh in and meeting at the hospital today, as well:

Last week: 284 lb 12.8 oz
Today: 282 lb 6.4 oz
Loss: 2 lb 6.4 oz

That was pleasant. The class just addressed various uses for cauliflower, which admittedly I did not find fascinating (cauliflower is good, and I eat plenty of it, but it does not taste like potatoes or bread or anything but cauliflower, so why try), but they did test a recipe for chicken lettuce wraps on us, and they were pretty tasty. And we spent a little time after chatting about what's working for us, and what is not, which was pretty close to what I was looking for with a support group. Also nice.

Tonight we watched the last episode of Legion. I loved Legion. I loved the mutants, I loved the music, I loved the weird, unreliable narrator and constantly questioning if this was all real, or just happening in his head. And I loved Dan Stevens, who really grew on me - as the character, but also 'cuz he's just kind of hot. And Audrey Plaza, pretty much for the same reasons. This makes me want to talk about Percy, who was a character in his own right. Percy was the part time maintenance guy at our old office. We all kind of loved Percy, and before he left, Percy said he loved working with us more than any other job he had. Percy was a talker, and what Percy loved to talk about was comic books, shows made from comic books, movies made from comic books...you get the idea. Oh, and wrestling, which I've never really enjoyed, so we really didn't talk about that. I got Percy to watch Star Trek: Discovery, and he got me to watch Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, which, while a little teen angsty for my taste, ended up being a pretty good story.

I miss Percy. He didn't move with us to our new office, and he doesn't drive, so I am unsure as to when I'll get to see him again. I miss the fact that every morning he would spend his first 30 minutes talking to me about movies and shows, whether I was paying attention or not, but most of the time I did, because I love all that nerdy stuff, too.

And now I will miss Legion. Oh yeah, that was the point, Percy didn't like Legion - it was one of the only Marvel shows he did not enjoy, and stopped watching. He said it was too weird, and I teased him, saying that was why I liked it so much. Ooh, and the guy who played Farouk had the most beautiful accent.

See how cute he is with his crazy eyes?

Bye guys. It was fun.

No comments: