Sunday, August 11, 2019

Day 7

A full week of daily movement and following the St. E plan mostly correctly. 7 full days of ridiculous amounts of water, and waking up twice a night to pee, but that's ok, as I am feeling pretty freaking good. This morning I walked with friends, before it got hot, and that was a lovely way to start the day.
Here's a funny thing - I ran into a couple I know at the arboretum. I see them at the gym almost every time I'm there, running together. I run into them at the grocery store. Honestly, I just run into them a lot, and they are almost always together, and often doing something healthy. I guess it's not a funny thing, just kind of cool. The healthiest things my guy and I do together (aside from the obvious 😉; if my kids already don't read this, that should stop them,) is watch Marvel shows and eat vegetables. We do eat a lot of vegetables. Tonight during dinner we watched a few episodes of the third season of G.L.O.W. I'm not loving where this season is going, although it was interesting - the first episode of the season addresses the Challenger disaster, and I was just discussing that with my brother-in-law last weekend, you know, where were you, etc. I was in fifth grade, in Mrs. Santos' class, and my love affair with the space program had just started the year before, so it was extremely devastating for me, and for all of us, to watch that shuttle break apart. Mrs. Santos was the perfect teacher to be there for this disaster, as she was such a caring and kind teacher, and she really calmed us down, but I know that was kind of the JFK shooting of my generation. You know, like, where were you when it happened?

My son just asked if I really think any of you won't know what I'm talking about when I mention the Challenger disaster, and I suggested a lot of you are younger than I am. He says they learned about it in school, although they really didn't talk about any of the successful space missions, except for maybe Apollo 11. He also was annoyed by the fact that I alternate between ok and okay, and between spelling out my numbers and just using numbers, and that I should be more consistent. I told him to go away and stop reading over my shoulder.

I didn't get much cleaning done today, but I did finish the laundry, and the desk has been moved to my car, so the living room is so much emptier, huzzah. Tomorrow I work, blech, and I have to do my dumb reviews. I have an afternoon appointment, and then the gym. And it is 8:30, so I guess I'll start making my way upstairs. Have a delightful rest of the evening.

No comments: