Friday, August 9, 2019

Day 5

It's Friday, it's Friday...and it wasn't even a bad day. My organization is holding a golf outing on Monday, so we had a buttload of prep work to finish up before the weekend, I trained a volunteer, and really was too busy to be bored. Which tells me exactly how much of my eating is boredom eating, doesn't it.

I woke up super tired, though, and with no workout plan; I slept until I had to leave. So today was a gym after work day. Generally the place is packed around that time, but apparently other people do things on Friday nights like happy hours, dinners with friends, etc. More equipment for me! I was having a bit of trouble getting into it, but then my friend Lady Gaga started singing, and I found my groove. I wonder if surveys would show the treadmills on either side of me are empty because people are creeped out by the breathless singing/chanting I start doing with the Gaga?

Food was ok - hit the popcorn a bit hard again, but otherwise shakes, a cheesestick and nectarine for snack, and my chicken, veggies, little potatoes dinner. No regular soda since last Saturday, only 2 diet sodas this week, so that is a total win.

I'm in a decent mood today, so my non-weight loss related topic for the day will be something I've addressed more than once over the years, and still have not fixed. And that is, my house. And my inability to ever keep it freaking clean. Some of you know I went back to work full time 8 years ago, after being home with my kids for 10 years. I'm not so naive as to think there is even a such thing as "balance", but I have never been able to even come slightly close to being able to work, make food, work on my health stuff, deal with the kids, and keep the house clean. And my kids are almost grown now! Now, during the heavy softball part of the summer, all my weekends were shot, and I kind of had an excuse, but softball's been over for a few weeks, and even on the off weekends...yeah, I can complain about being busy all I want, but honestly, there are so many things to do, and I like to do other things during the weekend, too. Like last weekend - free weekend, and I could have cleaned, but I ended up spending Saturday hanging out with my sister, and then we made dinner. And it was way more fun than spending the day cleaning. Oh wow, and let's not even start on the fact that I let that front area of my house get all full of weeds again - friends who have been here? The jungle is back. I know, I am sounding seriously whiny here, and there are plenty of solutions. Routines. Make my kids do more. Get off my ass and do it, even if I'd rather read another chapter.
One of my guilty spots. The desk was my daughter's, which she moved out of her room for the ferrets. I have a friend who wants it - I just need to get it to her. It's been there for 2 months, and as you can see, has become a catchall. The laundry has been washed, but not put away. That's my gym bag on the floor...
Reading is way more fun than cleaning. I'd rather do Jessica's stupid ab workouts than clean. Have I mentioned I hate to clean?

Goals for the next week (in addition to the exercising and eating well): Get the desk to S. Empty and repack the gym bag. Put the laundry away right after I do it. And I guess I will be breaking out the old Flylady routines...they worked well when I did them, so I'll go through them, revise what I need to revise, and start the evening routine this week.

By next Friday, that guilty spot will be gone, I swear.

Ok, so tomorrow morning I need to be up early, as I am forcing a friend to attend a very early yoga class with me, which means I cannot oversleep. So you all enjoy the heck out of your Friday night.

No comments: