Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Day 3

3 days, still going. I didn't get to sleep for various reasons until after 10:30 last night, so I didn't wake up to exercise, so I packed a bag and hit Planet Fitness on my way home from work. I rowed - seriously, 5 minutes and I was wiped. How does something that easy looking hurt that much? Anyway, I did 15 more minutes on the treadmill, then 2 sets of body weight exercises - squats, lunges, pushups, swimmers, crunches, planks. It's crazy how not strong I'm feeling right now. I don't like it. Dude, I was dying in plank after 20 seconds. You'd better believe I will be hurting tomorrow. But I stretched well, and I did it, so there we go. I just need to keep going back. And I need to find my lock - I ended up carrying around my keys and sunglasses because I couldn't find my lock, and that was a little annoying.

Food - I drank my shakes, ate my snacks, and felt ok. Dinner was tasty - I did some meal prep on Sunday - roasted green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower, and cooked chicken breasts in verde sauce in the crockpot. 4 oz of chicken with a mess of the veggies in each container. I microwave 2 little yukon gold potatoes, and eat the whole thing with a tsp of sour cream and a little pink salt - it was really good, and I feel pretty decent. I made 4 of those, so I'm set for the week.

My brain feels a bit fried now, and my people are sitting behind me arguing about a gentleman named Messi and another gentleman named Busquets, and the whole thing is a little distracting. So I will find some fabulously inspiring meme to steal, and leave you with that.

Oh, here's a thing - so I was digging around on the internets, looking for a fun new weight loss blog to read - something inspiring, but funny, realistic, and maybe written by a woman closer to my age. Not that a 20-something lovely doesn't have anything to add, but let's face it, a woman in her 40's has some extra fun obstacles to clear on her way to weight loss. Nothing. I found nothing. Ok, I found one or two, but they were a little heavy on the Jesus, and a little light on the use of the vulgar language and off-color humor. Not exactly my style. I will continue my search, but if you know of any, please let me know.
*I am editing to add: I hopped on Pinterest for a sec and found a blog called Over 40 Fitness, like, right away. I don't know how profane they are, but the site looks promising. I'll let you know.

And in the meantime, I will try to fill the hole. I'll make that inspiring meme chock full of foul language, hold up...nope, couldn't find a good one with foul language - they were actually horribly offensive, so we'll just stick with funny, because this is me at work at lunchtime every day, "who has cheese, who is eating melted cheese in the same room as me!?"


No comments: