Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 1 -ish

I know I've said it before, but I have the best people in my life. I woke up to so many supportive messages urging me to make good choices 😊, talking about exercising with me, drinking my nasty ass shakes...It was such a happy way to start the day, so thank you so much!

I didn't have to work today (also a happy way to start the day), so I slept plenty, then woke up and laced up my shoes and went for a 30 minute walk. Which probably would have been more comfortable had I gone at 5:30am - by 9:30am, it was really hot. I can imagine I made a pretty picture, red faced and panting as I trudged up a hill, streaming sweat (yeah, it was sweat) behind me. Interesting realization after the 4th person waved at me (I know a lot of people, you'd think I was social or something) - I am not proud of my lack of fitness, but I am not an embarrassed exerciser. I know people my size who are so uncomfortable about going to the gym or the track, that they don't go. I never have been. I don't know if it's because all the blood is going to my legs, lungs and sweat glands, with not enough left to make my brain register, or I maybe kind of enjoy the exercise enough not to care, but that has certainly never been my excuse. I've had plenty other excuses, but that was not one of them.

I also took a few minutes to do the Monday exercises from the Fit Girl Guide, which were actually pretty hard, and a little intimidating, and I totally have to make some adaptations, but I did them. Next week starts their next Instagram challenge, which I fully intend to participate in, so I had to give it a try.

My manchild and I had plans for lunch at Mai Thai, so I researched healthiest options at Thai restaurants, ordered extra veggies, and measured proper portions with the measuring cup I stashed in my purse and boxed the rest. It was tasty. Totally made up for the nasty ass shake I drank for dinner. Still hungry 30 minutes ago, I had a peach, 1 vegan chai spiced snickerdoodle from Isa Chandra (so good!) and a cup of ginger tea, and I feel really good today. Tons of water, and I finished most of the rest of my to-dos for today, including schedule pick up at the high school with my daughter, which was not enjoyable, by any stretch of the imagination. Interestingly, apparently I could have sent her on her own, and you better believe I will be doing that next year.

I see the doctor at the weight management place tomorrow evening, so we'll see what she has to say. Probably not much, since I have not exactly "worked the program" most of the past 4 weeks. That's alright, I'm feeling motivated, which won't last but hopefully I'll build some habits while I'm feeling it. I do have to weigh in then. I plan to post it here, which may be more than you all want to see, but I said I want to do this completely out loud, with the hope that it will help me stick.

I did take a pic today, but I posted it on Instagram and Facebook already, and nobody wants to see it again (cool note, though, I posted a sweaty selfie 3 years ago today wearing that very same shirt, my Making Strides Against Breast cancer t-shirt, and by the by, that is coming up soon, so it's time to build your teams and raise some money for breast cancer research...plugging my organization a bit...) So I'll tell a quick non-health related story and post something downloaded from the internet that is not mine to give you something fun, possibly informative, and colorful. I hadn't seen one of my best guy friends in ages because he is a BUTTHOLE and is always too TIRED to hang out (love you), so he asked me to go see the new Tarantino movie with him yesterday. AS many of you know, I am of the Pulp Fiction generation, and I have a soft spot for Tarantino movies, so we went. First of all, if you know anything about Tarantino movies, you know they tend to be violent and rather profane, so the fact that one of the previews was for the Mr. Rogers movie made me laugh very hard. Anyway, another one of my close friends panned "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood" a bit on Facebook, and I was not expecting much, which made the fact that I enjoyed it quite a bit all that much more enjoyable! It was good - fun storyline, interesting characters, good acting - yes it was a bit long, but other than having to pee, I didn't mind. I recommend it, although I suggest you bone up a bit on the Manson Family first.
Obviously not from this movie, but Tarantino's face in this picture made me laugh.

K, gotta go to bed. I intend to wake up at 5:30AM to walk 30 minutes tomorrow. I'll check in tomorrow.
And thank you, again, for all the messages. You have no idea how much they help.

No comments: