Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tidbits and snippets of the past week

I'm having some empty brain issues this week, but I've received a complaint or two about the lack of posts. I figured, start typing, something always comes out.

1. My sister B had a little girl on July 9. We drove up to Chicago to see her and the rest of the fam that lives in the area last weekend. My sister L also flew in to visit, so it was a very cool time to reconnect. My new little niece is such a darling petunia, I wanted to nibble her toes all weekend. We also took our kiddles on the train down to the city - The Girl Child hasn't been since she was 8 months old, and really , she doesn't remember much. Our favorite parts were entirely transportation-based - the train ride and rides on the water taxi (Hey Donna - there's my boat ride off the summer list). I'll post pics as sooon as I get them off my camera.

2. I checked out a buttload of books from the library last week, and I have spent the days since we returned alternating between knitting a scarf and gobbling these books. New publications by Sarah Strohmeyer, Dean Koontz and Jane Green, some of my favorites. All I need is a cool breeze and some good chocolate, and my ultimate reading fantasy would be complete. I'm done with the first two, I'm about to start the Jane Green. Yay for yummy reading!

3. My Studmuffin has been on vacay all week, so he got to do the Chicago visit, and has been hanging with us the rest of the week. It's a little pathetic, but I have trouble relaxing when he's here all day. Anyway, my Monkeybutt started soccer and baseball practice this past week. This should prove to be a very full autumn.

4. I need a job. Anybody got one for me?

Time to be off. Sleep well.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Congrats to you on your new niece!
Also on continuing to work through your list!
Surely you've done more than these, though....??? You have to make some of them happen!