Monday, September 16, 2019

Day...uh oh, I'd better start writing something interesting...

...and more consistently, or you guys are going to stop reading altogether, and stop motivating me, and we can't have that happen. I also find I am not making the good food choices as often when I'm not talking about them here. Which, let's face it, you all probably don't find my eating habits all that fascinating, I know I don't, but if I talk about the fact that I am wicked tired today, and so I stopped at a gas station for what was my go-to, I have to keep myself awake, so I'm buying snacks, but I really shouldn't be eating them, so I threw half away, and am giving some of the rest away (I did actually eat/drink some of them, but that's better than all, right?) Also, not buying the snacks is a lot cheaper than buying the snacks, and after paying bills today, I am not feeling so positive. Also, I'm at work right now, which means I am not actually working, I'm writing this - hello, procrastinating what really needs to be done...Ok, so I am not living my best Monday life today. Let's talk about the weekend, and then, I swear, I will get back to work.

It was a decent weekend. I woke up relatively early both days, which was kind of silly, as I could have slept in, but I had a lot of cleaning I wanted to do. Saturday I had a to-do list as long as my arm, and I started in as soon as I woke up to Paco, my favorite little asshole kitty, biting the tops of my feet. Maybe he doesn't understand he actually bites quite hard, and is not trying to irritate me, but I think it is possible he does realize this is not a pleasant way to wake up, and doesn't care. He's an asshole, but he's my asshole. Anyway, I got a bunch done, and then went to the gym with my daughter. I love going to the gym with her - I work much harder with her than when I'm by myself, and she worked me hard. The butt exercises we did have me groaning every time I stand up, and this was 2 days ago. I knocked out all but two of my to-do list items, but I wasn't feeling great when I got home, and decided to take a few minutes to lay down and rest. It really was only a few minutes, and I read a bit. Yesterday I met a friend to walk, which we did, and it was pleasant, as always. Knocked off the rest of the to-do list, except for lawn mowing, which I skipped this weekend - it's been kind of dry, so it's not very long, and our garage door is broken, and really freaking heavy, so I'll mow next week when it's fixed. I was going to write here after dinner, but Finnegan was on my lap, and he was very comfortable, and who am I to make him get up?

I was so sad to see Ric Ocasek passed away yesterday. I loved the Cars growing up, and "Just What I Needed" remains one of my favorite songs.

Marc and I are watching "Barry." We saw an interview with Bill Hader on The Daily Show, and he made it sound interesting, and it is, as well as pretty freaking funny. Not always, but often. The premise - Marine comes back from Afghanistan and becomes a hit man. Becomes disillusioned as hit man, and decides to move to LA to become an actor (because that is where you meet good people, right?) I've never thought of Bill Hader as a "good actor", but he's really good in this, like a decent person trying to do the right thing kind of guy, even if he is a killer. We just finished the first season last night. I'm also still watching a couple of episodes of Schitt's Creek most nights - I really love that show.

Ok, so, plans for the week: it's going to be wicked hot, so I think I'll be going to the gym after work most days. Yay, September. I put up my fall owl on my desk, trying to urge the weather to cool down. It's not listening yet. Anyway, I prepped baked chicken and roasted green beans (more fall food, right?) for most dinners, and I have my morning shake and lunch soup. The dietitian suggested I add riced cauliflower to the chicken soup, so I'll give that a try. I'm low on veggies, so I need to get someone (probably my son) to go to the store to get some to add to things. I just gave my Reeses Pumpkins to one of my staff members. So those are gone.

Nobody will notice if I climb under my desk for a nap, right?


Ok, friends. I need to work. Make good choices, and have a pleasant day.

No comments: