Thursday, September 5, 2019

Day of reckoning

Big things happen on Thursdays, you know.
Today started with a visit to the dietitian, and me admitting all my dietary sins from the weekend. She was a little startled, like, really? You didn't make any healthy choices? And I said, "I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full. Do you have any idea how unusual that is? What a serious step forward that is for me?" She was like, "oh, good, I guess." Anyway, with all of that, here is today's weigh in:

Last week: 279 lb 1.6 oz
This week: 276 lb 6.4 oz
Loss: 2 lb 4.8 oz

Yay! Wasn't actually expecting that, although we really did hike a lot.

So, funny story. I've been not taking selfies with this phone for a long time because they always came out really smudgy and blurry, and just bad. It made me sad, as I didn't get pics of myself at Pride, and all the other attempts haven't came out...anyway, I had to remove the case last Thursday so I could use the square reader for our Strides kickoff, and I started playing with the case...yeah, you guessed it, there was a film on the inside of the case that I didn't see, and hadn't removed. Silly me. Made me feel a bit like a Luddite, which I am not, but there we go. Here is a selfie I took of myself yesterday at the Blue Ash "Nature Center" during my walk:
Look at me, all clear and not blurry!
After the dietitian, I went to see my therapist (yeah, I need a lot of help, whatever.) I always feel slightly guilty seeing a therapist, as I have a lot of friends I feel comfortable being completely open with, and then I go and pay someone to listen to the same stories. I haven't seen her since June, and now I will only be seeing her once a month, but she tends to pull different things out of the stories than my friends do, and make me think about things differently. So, apparently I am benefitting from these visits, and with my deductible being paid up, they are cheap. So maybe I can stop judging myself.

Went to the gym after work today, cardio and then worked the legs and shoulders. I am a beast! Except that the new athletic shoes my guy picked out for me (he is a master and finding good shoes cheap) gave me a freaking blister on my ankle! This is very irritating, and I am annoyed and feeling whiny. But I will live.

There is a tiny bug that keeps flying in front of my monitor and distracting me. Shoo, tiny bug!

I feel like there was something else I wanted to discuss, but I can't remember, so I'm going to go to bed. Night!

No comments: