Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Day...something...I really should count all these days and get back to the numbers...

But they really don't make particularly interesting titles, do they?

You know, Pepsi is a seriously slippery slope for me. This past weekend, when I threw all dietary caution to the wind, I ordered a coke with one of my dinners. Which led to a Pepsi, and then another coke...you get it. And tonight, when I picked up gyros from Greek to Me, which is amazing, by the way (I get the chicken gyro, and it's actually relatively healthy, without the fries, obvs, which I did eat) I got a Pepsi, which was silly, because I know I'm on this slippy, dippy slope. It's like a drug for me. Not to minimize addiction, friends, I do realize it's not really like heroin, but I do tend to drink a lot of it when I drink it. Anyway, I drank half, and then gave the rest to my son, and I feel slightly better about myself. Ok, so eating, not awesome - did my shake/soup/healthy snack, but then ate the fries, all the fries, and some pepsi. Not awesome, could be worse. I need to plan again - that really helps. I also walked 30 minutes at the "Blue Ash Nature Center" (yes, a little belittling, but it's like, an acre, and part of the path is just one treeline away from a major road, which makes it feel slightly less than natural.) Ok, the trees are pretty. Anyway, felt like being outside after work, so that was my workout. Tomorrow morning I see the dietitian. We'll see the damage then.

Have you seen "Booksmart?" We watched it Monday night, and it was freaking delightful. Yes, your basic "have a last blowout of fun before graduation" type of movie, but from a smart female perspective. And yeah, wanting to have sex was also involved, but again, not your basic "nerdy guy/hot girl" fantasy. It was really clever and funny and the two main characters were charming and funny and bright. And Billie Lourd was hilarious. Bravo, Olivia Wilde, this was great!


I will watch it again, if any of you want to watch it with me - excellent girl's night movie!

No comments: