Sunday, February 1, 2015

I love my weekends.

I do love an empty Sunday morning.  I just get so much done.  Wanna see?

I made up a batch of my favorite chicken tortilla soup (with no chicken, and I added spinach today.)  I used my rice cooker to make steel-cut oatmeal today, and it worked brilliantly.  I roasted some veggies I had sitting in my refrigerator that had to be cooked.  I made two batches of brownies (Superbowl night.)  I've washed, dried and folded 4000 loads of laundry, done squats and planks for a new challenge, and done the grocery shopping.  Of course, after all the cooking, you end up with this:


I'll trade you a jar of soup if you'll do my dishes...

I went to see a new band the other night - Umphrey's McGee.  The music was decent, and I loved everyone, and stroked a lot of people's hair.  There may have been alcohol involved.  Young hippie-ish people who may or may not have been using herbal refreshment are very receptive to having their hair played with.  Of course, I am receptive to having my hair played with all the time, and I don't need to be influenced by anything.  I just like having people play with my hair.  Yes, I know this is weird, I accept this and go with it.  After, we went back to my friends' house and hung out, watching Key and Peele and eating grilled cheese.  Then something magical happened - we decided to watch The Neverending Story.  I haven't seen this movie in years, and it did not disappoint.  The imagery is so trippy - no wonder it has stuck with me all these years.  

I never noticed the nipples on those Oracle statues as a kid.  There may have been jokes about them being "as hard as rocks" at the third gate.  There may have been thumb wars fought.  I may regress to a 12 year-old boy when drunk.  It was a good night - I should probably have more like it.

Softball time, and then off to a superbowl party.  Go Sports!

No comments: