Sunday, February 8, 2015

How to win yourself a Missy.

Let's start with a healthy changes check in, and then we'll move on to something fun.

I don't think I shared with you all, but I signed up for the Transformer on Dietbet last month.  You a sum of money each month, and then, at the end of the bet, everyone who loses 10% of their starting weight splits the pot.  I love that you are required to check in each month, and that you have to lose a certain percentage with each check-in, so there are no unhealthy weight loss sprints at the end.  Other than regular exercise, I have not been on top of things - I prepare ahead for breakfasts and lunches, but my dinners have left something to be desired, and I have stopped more than once for junk.  My girl has practices several times a week, and I am rarely home for dinner anymore.  But my first weigh in is next weekend, and I know I gained 2 pounds, so for crying out loud, no more crap in my body.  No more pop, no more stopping for junk.  Ooh, that pop thing is tough for me.  I've talked before about my need for planning - So, here is my plan for the week:

Workouts:
Monday - morning workout at home
Tuesday - 5:30 PM kickboxing class during the Girl's volleyball practice
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Boot camp
Saturday - 7:30 walk with Flying Pig team
Sunday - rest (easy walk or yoga)

Meals:
Breakfasts - green smoothie, steel cut oatmeal, or yogurt and berries
Lunches - ham and tomato sandwich or tortilla soup, bell pepper strips with hummus
Snacks - cottage cheese with pineapple (on volleyball days) or orange and almonds
Dinners have been planned and shopped for, and lucky me, I have a husband willing to do the cooking for the week.  The menu includes chicken "fried" rice, spaghetti and meatballs, Slowcooker chicken verde, salads.
whbpicture

Let's do something fun now.  You all know I love my lists, so I was looking for a fun list to make tonight, and in honor of Valentine's Day being next week, I thought I'd do this one:

"List 5 ways to win your heart." (for all of you who are hoping to, ;)

1.  Talk books with me (duh.)
2.  Rub my feet.  Or my palms.  Or the space between my shoulder blades.  But mostly my feet.  I'm a very tactile person.
3.  Cut the fat off my meat.  That sounds rather childish, but my husband is pretty reserved, affection-wise, but he generally cuts the fat off my steak for me, if we have it.  It makes my heart go pitty-pat.
4.  Make me laugh.  Seriously, it doesn't take much.
5.  Listen without judgement.  I don't need an answer, just an ear.

My list makes me think of Janet in "Singles."  Remember the movie "Singles?"  I loved that movie in college.

No comments: