Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thank*full Thursday

It's been a while since I've done one of these, and I miss them.  So, without further ado, today, I am thank*full for:

1.  Snow Days!  Poor me.  I only got to work 1 day this week...Weekends tend to fill up so quickly - sports, errands, catching up on things I can't do during the week.  So this week, with these unexpected days off, I finished a lot of laundry, washed a lot of dishes, and relaxed.

2.  Silicon Valley - my husband watched the 1st season, and then told me I had to watch it, I would love it, and he was right - it is freaking hilarious.
The central story follows a group of techie guys developing a file compression product called Pied Piper, but the fun of it lies in the bizarre quirks of each of the characters.  Jared (Donald), the gentleman pictured above, is their very odd, very pale business-savvy team member.  They all make me laugh, but Jared's extreme awkwardness is endearing.

3.  My feet.
Yes that is a strange thing to say.  But I love my feet.  I realize they are big, and I have been told my big toes are odd, but I love my feet.  My sister and I went for pedicures the other day, and they are all pretty and soft, and I take such immense pleasure in having them rubbed and touched.  Admittedly, when the guy was using the pumice on the ends of my toes, I couldn't help but giggle, but for the most part, I find the foot massage more relaxing than ticklish.  I do love a good foot massage.  Last year I went for an hour long reflexology treatment, and it was amazing.  I would do that again in a heartbeat.

4.  My Monthly challenge group on Facebook - I started doing this plank challenge in January, and some others started doing it with me, and then my friend J suggested we start a Facebook group for the people who wanted to do these monthly fitness challenges with us.  This month we are doing squats.  Today was 110.  My butt and thighs are cursing my existence, but they will thank me in the long run...Anyway, we all cheer each other on, and make it kind of fun.

5.  So this couple I love took me to a concert a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't been to a concert since...I don't know, Jane's Addiction, 2001?  Anyway, my friend M got tickets to see Umphrey's McGee, and he invited me to go with him, his wife, and their friend.  I had never heard their music, but it sounded like fun, so, there you go.  It was fun, way fun, and ...wait, did I write about this already?  I may have.  But I didn't say how thankful I was for these friends.  So there you go - I'm very thankful for them.  They are good fun.  For a long time, I found it very difficult to make friends as an adult.  Do other adults find this to be a challenge?  It's funny, though, as I am getting older, I am finding it easier to make friends.  I think this may be due to my own acceptance of my own quirks, maybe?  I'm a little more comfortable with myself.  That said, other neuroses are raising their freaky, misshapen heads.  Like the whole "fear of crowds" thing.  Which should have made the concert that much more uncomfortable, had I not been imbibing freely.

In honor of the return of the Thank*full Thursday post, I share this guy:

From Office Space.  Has anyone ever rocked a handlebar mustache quite like him?  I think not.

No comments: