Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I am, as many of you can probably tell, a fairly lucky woman. Here are some of the reasons I'm feeling the love today:
1. First signs of spring. Crocuses, and the tulips and daffodils are starting to poke their little green heads up. Of course tomorrow it's supposed to cool down again, but I'll hang onto the good feelings for now.
2. Good friends, and reasons to celebrate. This week I have attended two - count 'em - two parties. Yes, I am just that popular (never mind that one of them was hosted by me...for children.) My dear friend A hosted an Oscars party at her house Sunday night. Admittedly (sorry A) I really could care less about the Oscars, but I had fun, and I'm always up for a good game of Pictionary. Tuesday I hosted a Mardi Gras party for kids. I made a King Cake. It was a lot of freaking work, but the party was fun. We made masks and danced to "Iko Iko" by the Dixie Cups. That was all they needed, which was nice for me. The moms and I could just hang out and do what we do best - socialize.
3. The Beastie Boys. I just have never gotten over those fabulous white boy rappers. Right now I'm listening to "The Mix-Up", an instrumental album akin to the instrumental pieces on "Check Your Head". Wicked.
4. My mom is taking the kids Saturday night. Need I say more?
5. My Girl Child is reading so well! Her teacher started giving them relatively easy books to work on, and she is zipping through them. Sometimes she gets impatient and makes things up, but for the most part she is sounding through the words and just...getting it. I'm so proud. A few weeks ago she read "Go Dog, Go" to me, and I cannot believe I didn't take a picture of it. I was just so into the moment. These are the days I wish I had a camera attached to my head. Ah well, it is certainly a scene that can be restaged...
This post has significantly improved my mood. I'm glad I wrote it.
Snuggles, readers.

No comments: