Wednesday, January 8, 2020

All the emotions

Ok, it's just not going to happen every day. That's alright, but it means I need to stop numbering posts. Sooner or later they might be named "Clever Blog Post A" or something, but today I had emotions, so I will talk about those.e
Argh! Finnegan is not helping!
Wants to be all up in my business
Ok, so, emotions. First, today was workout 8 of 100, and I went to a class at SWT, which is kind of hip hop, a little Latin, a lot of twerking... good fun, and I'll definitely be going back. Anyway, at the end of the class, Gabby, the instructor, always does this destress period after the cooldown, where she has us close our eyes and let go of the crap in our lives, and do some breathing, a little more stretching, and she ends with a motivational quote. Today she was telling us to picture the crap we need to let go of, and well...a friend of mine asked not too long ago if I ever cried during yoga. I can't remember a time I did, but for some reason, this segment of the class set me off. I'm sitting there starting to bawl, thinking of stupid 2019, and stupid 2018 before it, and my feelings of incompetence at work, and so on, and then I remember, she always finishes the class with a group picture, and I couldn't do that with tears running down my face, so I managed to squelch it, but damn! That was interesting.
I love this mug - I drink tea from it, and I don't cry. You can get it from www.emilymcdowell.com
 It really is a fun class, though, and I've never actually cried before, so don't take that as a warning.


It was also fun because one of the participants/instructors is the weight loss doctor I was seeing. I didn't like the program so much, but I loved the doctor, so much, and I really want to be her friend, so it was lovely to see her again.

Tomorrow I am off work to see my therapist, spend some time with my son, go to Costco, and visit my mom, who just had surgery (she had an internal defibrillator implanted) so I need to go check on her. Hopefully I'll also have time to sit down for a minute, but if nothing else, I don't have to drive all the way up to the office.

Ooh, speaking of my commute, I am listening to a new book, highly recommended.
I can't tell you much so far other than the writing is gorgeous, and the narrator for the female character has the most delicate, lovely voice. Which is interesting when she says the word "cock." Which she does, more than once. I'm enjoying the book so far, and I'll keep you posted; it's a long one. I've never read anything by this author before - have any of you?

Alrighty, I have to wake up to go to the gym tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. If I work out here, though, I can sleep in a bit. That may have to happen. Anyway, good night!

No comments: