Saturday, August 15, 2015

Updates of the healthy kind...

Oh my gosh, you guys! Check out this haul! Why Missy, where on earth did you get all of this cool stuff? Well, my friends, one of my favorite health and fitness websites, Fit Bottomed Girls, changed their look recently. I love the website, but it was slow to load, and a little busy. Their new look is much cleaner, and loads more quickly. I shared my opinion on their Facebook page, and I was picked to receive a prize package. They asked me to email them with workouts I enjoy or want to try and any allergies I might have. I said I love surprises, so they sent me a big surprise pack - several workout DVD's (including a yoga DVD I've wanted to try,) a few different books, jump rope, some teas, Guroo Sleeves for arm balances, a scarf, tattoos, coffee...I really do love surprises. It was like a big box of presents.



Let's chat a bit about how the healthy habits are coming.
Last week (first week of August), I did really well. Went to boot camp 3 times, added a few walks, tracked all my food, made good choices, no pop. This past week was not so good. I had to work early, husband went out of town, lots of running. Big difference between the two weeks? Planning. I planned for the first week, did not plan for the second. Went to bed too late, ate dinner on the fly.
I did, however, track every unhealthy bite. So that is a step in the right direction.
I also did lose a pound, but I keep forgetting to bring my camera in for the weigh ins. I will add it to my list for this week.

Plans for this week:

1.  Boot camp, every day. This is not my long term plan, but I need to get back in the habit of waking up for the 5AM class, and I find it is easier to form the habit when I do it every day for a few weeks.
2.  Plan my meals for the week. I will do this tomorrow.
3.  Continue to track all the food and drink all the water.
4.  No pop.
5.  Weigh in on Friday - bring the camera!

Ooh, we tried a new (to me) restaurant tonight. It is called Sea, and it is a sushi/Japanese restaurant, opened in an old Dunkin' Donuts building. It was quite lovely, and the food is really good. Two of the best restaurants (in my opinion) in Northern Kentucky are in old fast food/donut places. Mai Thai (for those not from here) is an old Long John Silvers. If you enjoy sushi or other Japanese food, I highly recommend Sea. My own dislike of sushi is a disappointment to me - I really want to like it, but I just don't. I also don't like sweet potato fries. I tried. My palate is just not metropolitan enough for sushi and sweet potato fries. It is a sad thing.

On that tragic note, I need to get to bed. Sunday is mowing day.

No comments: