Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

I've woken up at 4:24AM and gone to 5AM boot camp the last two days. It's been way humid, even at 5AM, so they have been good, sweaty workouts. Anyway, I get home around 6:15, hop in the shower, get ready, make coffee and lunch, and I really don't have time to sit down for breakfast, but dude, I've been up for 2 hours and I am starving. Nothing quite like a smoothie for commute-friendly meal. I've been trying my darndest to make them green - an extra serving of veggies, and green is my favorite color, after all.

My messy desk - don't judge me.
This is Just Peachy Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds from Organize Yourself Skinny. So far it is my favorite of the green smoothies.
Some changes - I use spinach instead of kale in all my smoothies. The taste is a bit milder, and I like keeping spinach on hand, anyway. I used almond milk this time instead of coconut milk, because that is what I had on hand. I prefer the coconut milk, though, so I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at the store. Really not loving the almond milk. A bit of cinnamon is a nice addition to this one.

No comments: