Friday, August 14, 2015

Currently...

I have a ton of health stuff to catch up on here, but I wanted to check in, and I enjoy a good list meme from time to time. This one is based on scrapbook journaling prompts.

Currently...

Watching:  a SciFi channel show called Defiance. Post-alien invasion, terraformed earth and it's inhabitants learn to survive in their new world. I just finished watching season 2.

Reading:  "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro.  I don't have much to share about it yet, but I am enjoying it. It is very different than you'd think by the title.

Listening: Right this minute, a YouTube video by GentleWhispering, which I find terribly relaxing. In the car, audio book "The Liar" by Nora Roberts. And, when I'm in the mood for music I've been listening to Arctic Monkeys or a CD I found in my brother's stuff of MP3's from the late '90s. I love finding these mix CDs after many years - I forget what's on them, and it's like a surprise every new song. I am easily amused.

Making:  Not much, lately. It's pretty sad, I haven't done anything creative in a long time.

Feeling:  Disorganized and a little overwhelmed. This past week my life has consisted of running the Girl from place to place and dealing with craziness at work. Add in the fact that my son is going to college next week, and we are not prepared, and I am feeling I am in way over my head.

Planning: My workouts and meals for the next week. I did not do this last week, and my eating habits were crap.

Loving:  My bullet journal. Oh yes, I have totally jumped on the bandwagon and started a bullet journal in place of my old planner. I have been using it for over a month now, and I really like it. The night before, I check my next day, add any tasks I need to add, plus jot down any quotes I heard, new words, notes, etc. If you are intrigued, check out Pinterest - there are pages and pages of posts on bullet journaling.

Enjoying: The weather lately. It has been warm, not hot, and lovely.

This weekend is looking nutty - tomorrow morning, I am going to my boot camp open house, then the Girl's volleyball tournament. If they play as well as they did this evening, they will be playing until tomorrow night. Sunday I have to catch up on some chores around the house, and softball tryouts for the Girl. Busy busy busy...

No comments: