Monday, October 8, 2012

When I don't feel like cleaning...

I was just cleaning up in my craft area and I got bored, so I thought I'd blog.  Last week I was having anxiety attacks - a lot of little problems were adding up to major stress.  My car broke down - lots of smoke and leaking bits adding up to a $600 repair bill.  Yikes.  My cats got fleas, and with 6 of them, that is a lot of work.  I'm still vacuuming daily.  I went to Nashville for a convention for Relay leadership, which was interesting, but a little overwhelming.  Some kiddle problems, allergies, bills...basically a lot of little adding up.  Bob Ross always said, "There are no problems in this world, just happy little troubles."  Bob is full of wisdom.  Too bad I don't always pay attention.

Anyway, feeling better now.  Some of what's been going on this past week:

Went to my friend's wedding this past weekend.  First of all, my husband actually went with me, which was lovely.  He does not enjoy weddings, but he seemed to enjoy this one.  We were in Madison, IN, and the ceremony was at a fountain downtown.  We went on a trolley tour of the town, which was amusing, and had dinner at the "historic" Madison Tavern and Hotel.  We finished the evening at a small winery - the day was full of joy.  We are just so happy for our friends.

Just watched "Battleship" with the family tonight.  It didn't completely suck, which was a delightful surprise.

I've been subbing more lately, which I've enjoyed.  I'd really like to get on full time somewhere, but I do enjoy working at the different schools.

My friend A and I are planning to work on the Girl's bedroom for her birthday.  We're going to go through her stuff and organize it nicely, then paint the walls.  She's been wanting her room painted blue for years, but she tends to be such a mess, I've never gotten around to it.  My friend was helping me with the flea issue last week, and mentioned she'd have an easier time keeping it clean if we organized it.  It's nice to have such lovely friends who are willing to work so hard with me, right?

I love fall.  I especially love fall in Kentucky.  I found myself feeling the need to take my camera for a walk today.  I didn't have time today, but this will have to happen soon.  So expect some photos to be posted in the next few days...

1 comment:

A girl and three boys said...

I'm looking forward to your pictures! :)