Friday, May 22, 2009

Look what I made!



So, my dad and brother bought a sewing machine for me for Christmas 3 years ago. I took it out of the box, neatly organized all the little sewing machine components in its nifty little container, stowed the whole thing in the way cool carrying case - and left it there. Until this morning, when my very lovely friend came over. We were sitting and chatting when she says, "go get your sewing machine. I'm going to show you how to use it."





Looky! A lovely, gathered waist skirt for my little Girl Child. Made with fabric I bought 3 years ago, along with a pattern for a jumper...which would now be too small. So I doubled the fabric over (it was pretty see-through), and made the skirt. It's a bit too big, but she really likes it, and I'm so freaking proud of myself, I could skip. So, hooray! And thanks to my very sweet friend.




1 comment:

Donna said...

Cool!!
You have other projects planned??