Sunday, October 5, 2008

An annoyingly upbeat post...

Today my sweet little gold soccer team won their first game! Hoorah! Thanks in part to my studmuffin, who has been taking time each week to help us practice and play. They actually use...strategy. They won 6-0, and they were so happy. Go them!
We have been enjoying two tiny, furry, temporary additions to our family this weekend. My good friend A and her family rescued these sweet little pumpkins when they were only 1 1/2 weeks old (abandoned by their mama). They were going out of town this weekend and, since the kittens are only now 6 weeks old, A asked me to keep them for the weekend. They are so much fun. Right now they are fighting over a dress up glove the girl kitty (Friday) found in the basement. The boy (Frisco) has wrestled it away, and if anyone goes near him, he grabs it with his teeth and growls. He is very fierce, and we are all afraid. They sleep all curled up together like a furry yin/yang symbol. They have been following me all over the house, they are delighting our cat Finn, and harrassing the other two. They purr a lot and love to snuggle and I have quite fallen in love, and dread giving them back.
Friday is in the cauldron, Frisco will not let me get his picture with his eyes open.
Anyway, it has been a rather delightful day. Winning the soccer game, haircuts (the girl child had her's cut short again, which is fine for now), playing with kittens, reading...I hope you have all enjoyed your Sunday and are ready for a new week...

1 comment:

A girl and three boys said...

Hey, I know those kittens! I can hardly wait to see them tomorrow! I missed 'em!