Friday, September 12, 2008

Reflections on yesterday



I'm feeling very neglectful for not addressing the fact that yesterday was September 11. I certainly thought about it throughout the day. I thought about how thankful I was that I didn't lose anyone during those events. I considered what I did that day, and the days following...watching the news constantly, mourning other people's losses, keeping my son close. I suppose recognizing and observing 9/11 each year reminds me to not become too complacent. To recognize that my comfortable little life is just as transient as anyone else's, and to not take advantage of what I have. To hug my kids just a little closer, tell my husband I love him, and be a kind and loving friend and relative to all the precious people in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.