I love lists. I write them for everything: to-do lists, grocery lists, goal lists, gift lists...lists are my solution to my often-chaotic mind. They help me create order in my own crazy little universe. This post is inspired by a recent editor's letter in a favorite magazine - they were doing the entire issue on their favorite things, and she wrote a list of some of her's. Not her favorite foods or shows or Webkin names - just her favorite things at that time. So I thought I'd list some of mine-for now.
1. Dane Cook. He make me laugh way hard. And he was on this past weekend, so he's fresh in my mind.
2. Diet Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper. My favorite diet pop.
3. The Dresden Files books. I'm totally digging on these right now.
4. Real Simple magazine. The afore-mentioned favorite magazine. I read it cover to cover.
5. Double stick tape. I've been using it for all my scrapbooking, and Monkeybutt used it to make his display board for the science fair. Which is NOT one of my favorite things.
6. My MOM'S Club. I've made so many friends and had so much fun with this group over the past 3 years.
7. Hot cocoa with marshmallow fluff.
8. Organizing books, publications, websites - I'm addicted. I'm particularly fond of books and magazines about organizing craft supplies. I like to drool over entire craft rooms. Someday. Like when the kids move out?
9. Accordian Folders. I love them. I use them for everything.
10. Office Supply Stores. They are like a shoe store to a shoe addict for me. Forget shodding my big honkin' feet, give me office supplies.
11. Presents. I love presents. That one will never change.
I think this will do for today. Besides, I have a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallow fluff and my next Dresden Files novel waiting for me upstairs.