Sunday, April 3, 2016

Is it April already?

Oh, my sweet potatoes, what a glorious weekend it has been...Friday night I attended our New Year Get Fit session's finale party (for my beloved boot camp.) It was catered by one of the members of the boot camp, and the food was best. party food. Ever!

Ok, funny story...I tend to speak what I write in my mind, and that whole paragraph I spoke in my head in a Scottish accent, as I am writing this as I listen to a recording of The Graham Norton Show (from several years ago) with Gerard Butler, Karen Gillan, and Martin Freeman. My Scottish accent is fantastic in my head.

Anyway, Yesterday I saw Book of Mormon with some friends - oh, such fun! I haven't seen a show in ages, and this one was so irreverent and funny - Loved it! It was probably even better as my 7th grade best friend was Mormon, and I worked with several Elders a few years ago. Wouldn't it be so underwhelming to find out your mission was going to be in...Covington, KY! Woohoo!


Anyway, it was such fun, and I really would love to see it again and take my friend A, who would  love it so very much. Afterwards, I went back to my friends' house and snuggled their precious pumpkin baby, and that was a lovely way to end a lovely afternoon. I closed out the evening watching the rest of the 2nd season of Daredevil with my daughter.

Today, my Dutchy-cat woke me up at 5AM, you know, because she felt 5 hours was plenty of sleep, and we had stuff to do. And I did - so very much food prep:
The jars contain my favorite breakfast soup (chicken, potatoes, spinach,), the plastic containers in the middle contain roasted broccoli, cauliflower, chicken, white and sweet potatoes, baggies of grapes, a jar of dump ranch, and my lunches for the next two days (roast beef, crudites, olives, and ranch.) I have dinners for the week planned. I am pretty well as prepared as I can be. I will be going to boot camp tomorrow. I have to get 480,000 steps by the end of May, which is pretty tough working my job, so.
Let's get this party started.

I am a bit scattered tonight, so I believe I shall be going to bed now. Sleep well, my pumpkins.


No comments: