Monday, April 11, 2016

1 week in, random thoughts

Went 7 days on Whole30, and cheated today. I am not giving it up - I'll be back on tomorrow. I didn't binge; just ate very noncompliant foods. I promise, I am not being all, "I slipped up, never mind, I'm done." I actually made a pretty conscious decision to cheat today.

My girl has a minor dental procedure tomorrow, and I decided to treat us both today. We ate deliciously, we shopped a bit, bought some spa-like stuff (masks and nail polish,) and we got pretty pedicures. Now she's watching Daredevil, which leads me to my next thought...

Foggy Nelson's passive-aggressive whining makes me crazy. Matt Murdock's overdramatic martyr attitude makes me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I will watch season 3 of Daredevil (can anyone beat Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk? I think not.) But give me some Luke Cage any day.
Aw yeah.

And speaking of hot guys, I went to work out with my friend M the other day. It was a good workout - I was able to workout with his trainer, and while he wasn't the best trainer I've ever worked with, I broke a sweat, and I tried out a rowing machine, which I've never used. We worked the chest primarily, and today I kind of feel like I was punched in the chest. Over and over. It's a bit painful. To get to the point, the trainer was decent looking, which is always a nice thing, but even better - ok, I will never leave my beloved boot camp. I get a better workout there than anywhere, the support and friendships are wonderful, I love it there. The aesthetic offering of the gym though...they make a girl think. Sorry, guys, I try to be sensitive to your needs for privacy, and I will never interrupt your workout, I promise, but a little objectifying may have been done at the gym that day.

Going to see "Book Of Mormon" last week seems to have rekindled my appetite for theater. I worked late, doing accounting at a high school Relay For Life bank night Friday night, and some of the students were playing the original cast recording from "Hamilton," oh, my, I cannot wait until that gets to Cincinnati. Obviously, I am late to the game with this one, as usual, what with their performances at the Tonys and the White House and all, but it's so good.

I wonder if I would make a good crime boss. I think I would like to try that. Other than the heroin dealing, and the blinding of her "employees," Madame Gao is pretty badass (Daredevil has been on a lot in this house lately. Looking forward to Game of Thrones, though.)

I just finished Rebecca yesterday - it was a good one.

Ok, starting to get a bit scatty. I will not subject you to my brain as it gets ditzier than this.

Good night.

No comments: