Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm a nut but you know you love me...

Boy nelly. Talk about foggy brain last night. Right after I finished writing that post my daughter, who was spending the night with Grandma, called to tell me her tummy hurt and she wanted to come home. This was a little surprising as she is 9, although not a particularly self-sufficient 9. I tried to talk her into staying, but alas, her crying won me over, and I brought her home. She spent the night sleeping in her own bed, and woke up feeling better. Now she's at my son's first baseball game of the season. Speaking of which she had her own first baseball game of the season yesterday, which her team won. So, you go Girl. Of course, she spends hours a week complaining about the fact that she is the only girl on her baseball team, but I told her if she wants to switch to softball next year, she has to finish out the season. So we'll both have to suck it up.
I seem to be developing my second case of bronchitis of the year, which kind of sucks. All of us in the household have been sick in some way quite a bit this year, which is an impetus for a renewal of commitment to healthy living. Last year at the time I was exercising a lot, eating better, sleeping well - and I didn't get sick all year. Over the past 4 months we've dealt with 2 cases of pneumonia, 2 cases of bronchitis, several colds, pink eye, back aches, foot aches...you'd think we were all unhealthy 90 year-olds. Add 3 separate instances of break-through anxiety attacks, and this year has kind of sucked, health-wise. We have to step up our healthy habits, and as I tend to be the primary example here, I will start with myself. This week I will drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, I will be in bed by 10 each night, I will move at least 10 minutes a day, and I will makes sure to get 5 servings of produce in, for all of us. Even with bronchitis I can handle moving for 10 minutes. I intend to make this the last case of bronchitis for the year. I will also find a new therapist this week.
Anyway, I'm in the midst of a massive laundry session and I need to change over the loads. Plus, today is our spiritual discussion group and my friend is picking me up in 20 minutes. Enjoy your day - I intend to.

No comments: