Sunday, December 5, 2010

A most excellent weekend

First of all, I want to address my cousin's comment about feeling up the gnome. I snickered with delight. You are humorous. Now get your resourceful ass on the case, please.

Anyway, this was an excellent weekend. Friday night included hot chocolate, very light reading, and much snuggling. Saturday the kids played in the first snow of the year:




Then I took the kiddles off to my mom's, and the guy and I went to our first holiday party of the year. And a fabulous party it was - everyone new and liked everyone, nobody standing awkwardly off to the side, there was plenty of alcohol and karoake! I sang two excellent female power anthems - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "You Oughtta Know." I'm pretty sure the women of the party scared several of the men with our spirited Alanis sing-a-long.

Today included some crafty goodness with my sweet friend, A, and a yummy lunch. I also finally gave up the meanest mommy award and we put up the tree. I am a very easy going tree person - the ornaments are clumped together, and I will likely leave them that way:

followed by Boggle and hot cocoa and Simpsons. A very nice way to top off the weekend.

No comments: