Understand, I'm not whining about what other people can do and I can't. Simply, a "hey, I want to do that" kind of post. And maybe, sooner or later, I will...
I wish I could...
1. Make something (green) grow and flourish. I have what I like to call a brown thumb - I can make it grow...but then it dies. I generally do not get more than a few tomatoes, my carrots are always eaten by critters before I can pick them, and even my strawberries ended up dying. Apparently plants require Care.
2. Hang my clothes out to dry. I love the smell of line-dried clothing, and I love the energy efficiency of it, but alas, the kids have allergies and so do I. We do not need to purposefully drag those allergens in on our clothes and sheets. Oh, but the smell of a sun-warmed, breeze-dried sheet...
3. Hold a handstand. Due to lack of balance, strength, and guts. I'll work on that one soon.
4. Lose weight. Quickly. This is no more than a lament for the unfortunate weigh-in I had today. Ok, lament over.
5. Travel more. No cash, no time. That one, however, is not permanent. I will travel more as time goes on.
6. Get a new car. I love my pimpin' van, don't get me wrong, but the lack of A/C, the tricky driver's side window...I really want a new car. Alas, see reasons for item #5.
7. Readily access a well of creativity, and have the talent to act upon it. Yeah, well, I suppose, don't we all. This is another one of those somethings I believe I need to practice on. Perhaps if I keep writing, keep taking pictures, keep working at those little projects that make me happy, I will get better at them.
8. Strike a bit more of a balance - find those routines that help my days flow smoothly. It's been 4 months already. I need to get on track.
9. Tap dance and fence. Two things I've always wanted to do. Betty White still has fantastic legs - it's from all that tap dancing, I tell you.
(Ok, so it is really hard to find a picture of Betty White showing her legs, even from when she was younger. But you all remember that episode of Golden Girls when she is wearing the tights and tap dancing, right?)
10. I wish I could drink wine and enjoy it like a grown up. I've tried, I really have. I just don't like it. I like Riesling, and (the horrors) white zinfandel, and that's about it. I will still, however, go to wine tastings with my friends. I just enjoy the friends more than the wine.
There are a thousand more, but I don't want to whine about all the things I cannot, or do not do here. Especially when there are a few that, if certain people knew I couldn't do them and wanted to be able, they would force me to do them, or try, and I would cry and be scared...