Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The end of October

See my little Halloween kitty? She was a cutie-pie, and she had a great Halloween. Class parties, trick-or-treating, parties with cousins - good times. And I refuse to turn this blog into a rant on our school's refusal to allow costumes, or Halloween parties, or the district's ban on the word "party" (it's a "celebration" or "festivity".) We have "vocabulary hats" - pick a word and design a hat, then they have a parade. I was irritated - at first - but we had fun decorating the hat, and I didn't have to send her costume in. More candy than could possibly be eaten was collected (and thrown away, but don't tell the kids), and I dressed up as a gypsy fortune teller and told fortunes in my driveway as I handed out candy for an hour.

Then I got bored and went to the party.

The Studmuffin and I celebrated our lucky 13th anniversary on Monday. Wow. And it only feels like 12 1/2.

I have a lot on my mind right now, and my ability to string sentences together is beginning to fail, so I'm going to cut my losses and go for now. Happy dreams!

No comments: