Monday, November 30, 2009

And onto December...

I do hope you all had a most spectacular Thanksgiving...I enjoyed a delicious dinner with friends, followed by a rousing round of Apples to Apples. I've mentioned we play a lot of games around here...

Friday I ended up going to the doctor, who said I did, indeed, have bronchitis. Ugh, anytime someone brings a cold into the house. I am feeling better, though.

Yesterday (Sunday) the kids and I decided we were sick of sitting around doing nothing, so we decided to take advantage of one of the last nice days of the year, and went to the zoo. I love those last minute, let's just go-type excursions. The zoo was practically empty - it looked like rain, and the holiday lights didn't come on until 5PM, so we had the place to ourselves, and right after feeding time, so the animals were extra active. It was way fun.

Tomorrow starts the countdown to the holidays - we don't really subscribe to any particular religion in our household, so we treat the whole month of December as a time to honor several different religious traditions in an effort to teach diversity and respect. Christmas is our big family celebration, but I will be sure to post our other observances this month. We try to do one holiday-type activity a day, and one of our favorites is driving around looking at lights. I've done this since I was a kid, and now my own children enjoy it as much as I always have. Tonight, as Monkeybutt and I were driving home from the orthodontist (good times), we saw tons of holiday light displays, and some good ones, at that. I look forward to a few trips out to see the lights.

I'm going to make an effort to photograph more this month - look for some pictures of our daily goings-on to come.

No comments: