Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday friday, lalalalala

Wow. I guess that's what I get for posting something semi-serious - not one comment. Oh well, back to the drivel.
Today was a nice day. Monkeybutt played (poorly) in a golf tournament this morning for which I had to wake up obscenely early. I dropped him off at the course and dropped myself back into bed for another hour of sleep. I know, I know, such an unsupportive mom. I went to pick him up, and, as usual, they told us to be there an hour too early, so I hit the Walmart for school supplies. I promised the kiddles they could pick out the stuff with color, but I got the staples - crayons (24 count boxes for 15 cents - had to go nuts), glue sticks, and whatnot. I love school supply shopping. Every year our school offers a kit for a decent price to accommodate the busy mom - I doubt I will ever be too busy to enjoy school supply shopping. Even when I am working and lugging these two social butterflies everywhere, I will still make time for school supply shopping. Which reminds me (actually my friend A reminded me of this the other day) of the Staples commercial where the parents are skipping merrily through the aisles of Staples to the holiday song "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" as their kids trudge dejectedly behind...I love that commercial.
Anyway, I came home, ate my favorite sandwich, and watched two House episodes (had to catch up with my brother), and then sat on the porch, enjoying the unseasonably cool weather, and reading the rest of Memoirs of a Geisha - an excellent book. I saw the movie a few years ago and was unimpressed, but decided to read the book and loved it. I feel a bit queazy now - too much reading, apparently, but I feel sated in a way only reading a very good book can make me feel.

Tomorrow is Studmuffin's annual company picnic. All I can say is, unlimited cotton candy. I love cotton candy.
And here, for your viewing pleasure, is a picture of Ken Watanabe, the guy who played the Chairman in the movie version of Memoirs of a Geisha. Again, not a very good movie, but he is lovely.

No comments: