Thursday, April 23, 2009

Memories and plans - a meme

I got this from Chloe at The Mindful Home who got it from someone else, who got it from someone else, and so on. I do so love a good prompt.

15 years ago today I would have been:
18 years old
Finishing my first year of college at Capital University
Probably finishing a chem project
Possibly indulging in some underage drinking at some party or other
10 years ago today I would have been:
23 years old
Looking forward to quitting my job to stay home with my Monkeybutt
Planning for his 2nd birthday
Planning to go to my little brother's college graduation
Probably doing homework (I was taking classes at the local community college)
5 years ago today I would have been:
28 years old
Pretty freaking miserable
1 year ago today I would have been:
32 years old
Probably doing pretty much what I'm doing now (well, not blogging.)
Becoming more interested in living simply and crafting
Maybe cleaning the bathroom? Who knows?
This year I am:
33 years old
Trying to make changes in the way I live my life
Taking my health into my own hands
Working on living my life more creatively
Enjoying my family and my friends
Planning to find a job in the fall
Today I:
Babysat my little friend all day
Went to the book store with said friend, the girl child, A and gorgeous nephew, then had lunch
Played outside with the kiddles
Snuggled with the girl child
Next year I hope:
To have made significant progress in my weight loss and health
To have figured out what I want to do with my life
To have painted the bathroom and kitchen
To have found an interesting and enjoyable job that pays well, yet is flexible (it could happen)
To have learned to use my sewing machine
To have fixed some family issues that need fixin'
In five years I hope:
To be sane.
To be a happy and healthy (and fit) woman
To have made a skirt
To be an excellent mother to my (ahem) teenage son, and preteen daughter. Yikes.
To have paid off all our debt
To have seen the Pacific Ocean and knocked off a significant portion of my "before I hit 40" list. I will be going on 39, after all.

No comments: