Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekend of Insanity

First off, Buggy seems to be doing better. She stayed over at the vet's for 2 nights where they kept hydrating her and force feeding her. She came home on Friday afternoon, and we have to force feed her every 2-3 hours. REminds me of having a baby. But she seems to be doing better. She looks brighter and is actually purring and playing a bit. Keep the prayers and healthy thoughts coming, but I'm optimistic.
Friday night my MOM'S Club participated in our county's Relay for Life. It was hectic and crazy, but we had a good time. Our team was smaller than it should have been this year (next year we'll have to get started earlier), but we actually raised a decent amount of money for such a small team. I was exhausted by the time I got home - seriously, it was all I could do to brush my teeth.
Yesterday my mom, Katie and I went to Louisville to visit some very good girlfriends for the day. It was a wonderful time - nothing refreshes the spirit like chatting with really good friends. It's amazing how, as I get older, my need for good girlfriends increases. I prided myself on my ability to befriend guys when I was younger - now I crave female companionship (and not in that way, I know how some of you think - not that there's anything wrong with it...) like I crave chocolate and fresh air.
Anyway, today has been lovely and calm, but my studmuffin and I are going out for dinner, so I guess we should discuss locations...have a peaceful Sunday.

No comments: