Saturday, June 30, 2007

More Aimless Chatter...

I haven't been feeling particularly loquacious lately...but I feel I have been ignoring my masses of adoring readers and should try to drum a little something up...
First...a rant on my insurance company. We all have a little something to say about our insurance companies. And in the scheme of things, I suppose my particular issue is not very important. But the bastards have doubled my co-pay on my allergy medicine - the first allergy medicine I have found in 10 years of searching that keeps me breathing happily - and I had to find another. So I switched to another, which does not work nearly as well, and I am way stuffed up and feeling rather puffy in the face. And I spend the nights waking up to a drippy nose and having to blow. Which...simply...blows. Why, I ask you? Why do they choose to just up and double my copay, without even a warning? I say again, Bastards.
My cat, Bug, is improving swimmingly, my friends. She is eating on her own now, although she will only eat wet cat food now. I try to give her dry and she just looks at me with a rather baleful, "do you really think I'm going back to eating that crap?" expression. So, Fancy Feast it is. Much to the envy of the rest of the felines in the household...I am constantly being eyed by pouty kitties - "why does she get the good stuff?" Poor guys.
My son, Monkeybutt, leaves for his first sleepaway camp this Monday. I am very excited for him, I hope he has a great time. And that he works and plays well with others...social butterfly, he is not.
We have been having some rather nasty financial issues in our old Kentucky home as of late, which as had me evaluating my unfortunate habitual spending and trying to come up with a way to stay home with the kids for two more years. I have developed a massively strict budget - we will be tracking all spending/saving for the next two months to see if we can make a large enough difference - otherwise, it's back to work for me! I'll say it again - anyone need any admin work done from home, let me know. I am a wicked good secretary (you see how I bold this to catch the attention of anyone who happens by this post...) I posed this question recently on another forum...how is it that someone so mentally disorganized as myself can keep an office in top shape? I am bizarrely organized when it comes to paperwork.
At any rate, it is time for me to be off...wish me luck with my upcoming challenges. Perhaps I'll start posting goals at the beginning of each week...having them posted may be enough to keep me accountable.
Good night...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good luck with the financials. Still working on that on our end, but it does get easier once you decide it must be done rather than avoiding the issue. Sounds to me like you're on the right path.