Friday, January 19, 2018

*Insert Clever Title Here

First and foremost, it is important to note that this week is Miss Fiona's 1st birthday! Most of you probably live in the area, and so you are fully aware of who Fiona is, but just in case you are not, Fiona is the most celebrated of Cincinnati celebrities - a hippo born too early at the Cincinnati Zoo, nursed to health by dedicated humans, and successfully reintroduced to her parents. All of this was documented on social media, and watched closely by her loving public. She is precious and she is 1! So a very happy birthday to Fiona!
What else happened this week...my girl and I met a friend of mine at the library to listen to a Buddhist monk in exile speak. Arjia Rinpoche spoke about his life, his work, and Buddhism, the horrors of the Cultural Revolution under Chairman Mao, and the repression of Tibetan culture now. He is the director of the Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center in Bloomington, Indiana. I don't care for Indiana myself, but I would be willing to visit for this reason. He was very interesting, and even my daughter, who is much cooler than I am, enjoyed it.

Okay, onto progress this week. I don't know how I'll document this from week to week - for today we'll just go in bullet points, so as not to blather on for hours.

  • Eating better: I have documented every freaking bite I've taken for 1 1/2 weeks now, and I've been very good about my water intake - at least 80 oz a day.
  • Moving more: I did very well for a bit - starting last Wednesday, I worked out at least a little every day for 5 days. I did kickboxing Wednesday, Saturday, and Monday, Nerd Fitness workouts Thursday and Friday, walked a little each day, and a yoga session on Sunday. Since Monday, not so much. It's been cold, and I've been tired, and have all the excuses, but I am going to kickboxing tonight, and I plan to do a NF workout tomorrow (the Girl and I will be at a volleyball tourney, so I will have to do this later.) I need to start developing the early exercise habit again, I think, as I am more likely to get it done. Things come up later, you know?
  • Spending less/making more: I did not order anything this week. So, that's a win.
  • Rest/relax/enjoy: oof - I meditated the first two days, and did not continue. So, that's two out of seven - let's aim for more.
  • Stop procrastinating/make consistent progress: Well. I'm updating, and it's been a little more than a week, but not much. So we'll go partial win. I did post some fun, tomato-face pics to Instagram. That was fun.
  • Organization: I have been updating my bullet journal. Even added a few collections.

Gimme the loot!

Oh, Blogger. Why won't you let me do what I want to do?

  • Engage more deeply: I visited my mom, my sister, and met a Buddhist monk.


I'm still working on getting my voice back. Still in and out, but much better.

Alrighty, action plan for this week:
Same exercise plan as last week
80 oz water
Keep logging the food
~Plus~
No Freaking Gas Station Snacks! Since I shouldn't try building a negative habit, we'll go with: I will bring a small snack and a bottle of water with me each day in the car so I don't feel the need to stop to get snacks.
Meditate, at least 2 minutes, each day.
Plug phone in by 9PM each night

Gotta go - kickboxing calls!

No comments: