Friday, May 17, 2013

Movies and mayhem

My peonies are blooming! 

 
 
My peonies always remind my of my grandmother.  She grew peonies all through my childhood.  Spring brought peonies and forsythia, which I had growing in my side yard, but killed by mower.  It was an accident, I swear.
 
Last night I went to see The Great Gatsby.  The movie was visually arresting, as all Baz films are.  It stayed (mostly) true to the book.  Leonardo was brilliant, which pleased me, as I'm not a huge fan.  Toby was not brilliant.  Anyway, there was a lot of music, a lot of modern music, again, as all Baz films include.  But one piece of music played throughout parts of the movie, and something tugged at my nerve endings, reminding me that I knew this music.  I finally realized, just before the end (when they played the song in its entirety, that it was a favorite Gotye song - Heart's A Mess:
 
To sum up, the movie was better than I expected.  Next up, Star Trek Into Darkness.  Very excited!
 

No comments: