Sunday, November 11, 2012

It all relates somehow.

I didn't take any pictures this week, but I still wanted to post something, maybe just a basic rambling, stream of consciousness type post to get my brain juices (mmm...sweet, sweet brain juices) flowing. 
I started a new book today - I remember my 4th grade teacher reading A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving to our class during testing, but I don't remember the story at all, so maybe he didn't.  Anyway, I'm between library books right now, and I got Owen cheap for Kindle a few months ago, so I started it today. 

Guilty pleasure admission - I love listening to relaxing YouTube videos.  I have my favorites, but one I'm listening to right now is SleepyEnglishGuy.  He is giving me a foot massage.  I want a real foot massage right now.  Which reminds me of "Pulp Fiction."  Do you think a foot massage is an intimate activity?  Quite frankly, I'm willing to let anyone rub my feet if that's what they want to do...I do love a good foot rub.  I had this friend in high school who offered to massage my feet at a lock-in once; it was my first foot massage and it was such gorgeousness!  I know people who can't stand to have their feet touched - poor saps; they are truly missing out on one of the great pleasures.

I've just finished a very busy week - afterschool activities, meetings, book clubs, work, capped off with some scrapbooking last night and my Girl's first volleyball game.  They lost, but she had a great time.  Also, my poor Boy has been sick this week - he's not coughing as much, but I'm not loving how slowly he's recovering. 

I have to focus more on my family's health.  We went through several years where my kids never got sick, but they've been sick quite a bit this year.  Bronchitis and allergies, headaches and stomachaches galore - and I'm not easily tricked (by my kids, they are the world's worst liars, thankfully.)  I know the weather this year has something to do with it - the allergens have been dangerously high.  But I have both of them taking a multivitamin everyday, making sure they are drinking plenty of water and getting plenty of sleep, and putting produce with all the meals where I'm in charge.  Of course, I have to focus on my own health, as well, and I haven't been, not since early in the spring.  Tomorrow I will be starting another "Move every day" program for myself.  This worked well for me in the past - 28 days makes a habit, right?  So I'm putting it out there, to all my masses of lovely readers - I vow to exercise at least 10 minutes every day for the next 28 days.  I will post what I do on my SparkPeople blog each day, if you want to check that out (see the side panel for the link to my SparkPage) and I'll update each week here. 

Dang.  See what a stream of consciousness will do to you?  I just vowed, for goodness sake.  I guess I'd better get to bed if I'm going to be exercising this week.  Night.