Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank*full on a Tuesday

I've had a rough last two days. Nothing that really needs to be shared, but my confidence took a good shaking and I needed to stop and reevaluate some priorities. So, to try and lift my own spirits, I'm writing a Thank*full Thursday on Tuesday. Focusing on that for which we are grateful is a sure mood-booster. And maybe it will give a little grin to someone else who needs a boost. So this happy Tuesday, I am thankful for:
1. Our first harvest of the year. I'll post pics when I upload them, but we have 3 green beans and 6! cucumbers.
2. A very yummy dinner. The crazy heat wave is still a-wavin', so I made a Mediterranian salad for dinner - tomatoes, cucumbers (from our garden!), red onion, Romaine, chickpeas, feta, and kalamata olives with a red wine vinegrette. Very refreshing and tasty.
3. Pinterest. Oh yes. I have become addicted. It's like shopping without buying!
4. A good feeling after an interview for an interesting job. I don't know if I got the job, but I felt like I had some good answers, and the position is very interesting - something I would like to do.
5. Some decent, fun people to work with. I'm going to miss them when this job is over (finally got an end date - my last day is August 31.)
6. (oh yeah, 6 - I'm feeling thankful tonight.) The next two days off. Love my coworkers, love sleeping in and being with my kids. Days off are winning.
7. McDonald's vanilla cones. Need I say more?
Feeling a little better. Off to play on Pinterest. Have a splendid night.

No comments: