Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Exasperating men.

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day. A lovely day, to be sure, and you all know how much I love presents. One downfall to this whole "happy married couple" thing, though, is that I have to get HIM a present, too. And he doesn't get excited about anything. He doesn't want me to spend too much money, he doesn't wear cologne or jewelry, or any other accessory for that matter, save socks. I am a firm believer in the idea that Valentine's Day remain a hosiery-free gift day. So socks are out. He doesn't have a big sweet tooth, his hobbies are expensive (golf and computers), and he buys all his own stuff anyway. So, what to buy or give to the man who doesn't really want anything. To the man who will open whatever I give him and respond with, "huh. thanks...what's for dinner?"
Do you see my dilemma?

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm with you!! My dear hubby is a PAIN to buy for. I did get him a couple of cards, but I don't think we're exchanging anything this year. We'll probably do dinner or something this weekend...

What did you end up doing?

Prima Favorita said...

Nothing says "be my valentine" better than a heart-shaped meatloaf . . . not only is it a nice gift, but it answers the "what's for dinner" question as well!

hi_missy said...

I ended up putting together a small collage frame of pictures of the kids (and one of the cats), and I bought him 2 beef sticks and a buttload of sour nerds, which Kroger was clearancing. He loves those and they were cheap - double gift for him.
I also made the heart-shaped meatloaf, and red jello. How Valentines is that?