Friday, April 27, 2007

Amaaaazing...


If I was any good at poetry I would write an ode to Mom and Katie right now. In response to my rather self-involved, blah mood this week, Mom gave me her ticket to see "The Lion King" at the Aronoff. Now, before you all think I am so selfish to deprive my mother of this experience, I did argue...at length...but she absolutely refused. So Katie and I went to see this incredible performance on Wednesday night. I spent half the night with chills and half fighting off tears as a result of the music, the dancing, the costumes...It was a truly beautiful performance. The woman who played Rafiki was worth every penny - she was amazing. And Scar was delightfully menacing...Zazu was hilarious...A very cool experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who can score tickets. It also reminded me of how much I love the theater...I really do need to make an effort to get out to it more often.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you enjoyed the show!! It's truly a wonderful experience. you certainly deserved a night out.