Tuesday, March 10, 2020

What's new pussycat?

A lot is going on in the world, but today I am going to talk about me and my little world. You don't mind do you?

So this is my current situation:

Not one, but two kitties have made me their bed, so typing is difficult. We will power through, however. Finny hurt himself earlier, and so I am spoiling him rotten right now. He deserves it.

Today was day 70 of my 100 day workout streak. I did crossfit - my first real WOD. It was tough. I always said I would rather do an hour of kickboxing than a 20 minute WOD. And that is still the case, but I like to mix it up. And I started doing that boot camp, and the Thursday night boot camps were crossfit-inspired. I found that, as much as I dreaded them, I felt amazing after. She got me to do things I did not think I could do. So I am going back. I figure 2-3 crossfit classes a week, 1-2 kickboxing, 1 night of Pound/SWT, and walking/yoga for the other 2. That makes for a good mix.

Ok, Finny just jumped down, so I can type with both hands now. Last time we talked nutrition, I was just starting the 21 day sugar cleanse. I finished that, and I did hop back on the sugar train, but I will say I learned some things. I tend to get very hungry around 10/10:30, but if I make sure I have a decent amount of protein at breakfast, I can make it until lunch. I hate eggs, so today I made a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder, and that worked. It's kind of high calorie-wise, but lots of produce, including spinach. Easing up on the sugar did cause me to drop some weight, so I am making an effort to continue to limit my intake. I am also...sigh...logging my food. Yeah, I know, that will probably be the best change, but crap, I hate doing it.

I am down 20 lbs from my starting weight, which isn't much considering how much I have to lose and how long I've been going, but I fully intend to keep this off. Also, weight loss, while a desirable outcome, was not my primary goal. My primary goal is health and to keep moving (although my knees are feeling a lot better with a bit less weight.) Anyway, since it is a desirable outcome, and I am awfully close to that next milestone number (I haven't gotten below 260 in 10 years,) I promised myself a haircut and color when I hit 259. Like, for real, not me using a box, color. I've had my long-ass grey hair in a ponytail for 2 years now, and I just don't feel that way inside. I am obviously 26, people, come on! I figure I should hit that number within the next month, which means I'll have my pretty new haircut before my birthday. Yay!

What do you do to reward yourself for hitting milestones?

Finnegan is back, so I'm back to one hand. This is too slow going, so I'm going to snuggle my kitty. Have a safe and pleasant evening.

No comments: