One of my favorite things about early summer is that it's peach season. I love peaches, and there are millions of peaches. Peaches for me. You're going to sing that now, aren't you. I know I do, every time I go to the grocery.
You know what Saturday night means to the most awesome of us? Pajamas by 5:30, and marathon watching of Game of Thrones in bed with my guy. Of course, now he's asleep, and snoring, and I can't fall asleep, even though I was up at 5:30AM to go to kickboxing. Sigh.
So it's been over a month since I last posted, and life is pretty nifty. The kids are out of school, which means they're not whining quite as much about going to school as they were. They were both at camp for the first week, which was quite lovely, as the Guy and I were able to spend some quality time together. Which was when the binge Game of Thrones watching started, and I am thankful for that, because that is one freaking awesome show. Holy crap, tell me you have been watching this...
Some cool news - I was promoted! I am moving up to the Cincinnati office on July 7 to be the Senior Coordinator, Division Office Support, Ohio. Which means, basically, admin stuff, but I will no longer be the absolute lowest on the totem pole, and that's a good feeling. I'm excited and I hope to be challenged.
Let's do some thankfuls, since it's been awhile. Today I am thankful for:
1. Peter Dinklage. Seriously, I don't care that his English accent is kind of bad. He's the most excellent character. And I want to be Daenarys Targaryen, and not only because she's hot. Well, after her brother dies, anyway.
2. Tammy's blog, She did this great Mason Jar salad tutorial a few months ago - changed my lunches forever.
3. Relay For Life is over for the year. Yes, I love being a part of it, but it is a lot of work, and I am getting too old for this staying up all night stuff. I have to sleep for two days to recover. We had to move the event inside, unfortunately, but the energy was good. Our money is down, but we still have two months to fundraise.
4. My classics book club. I would never read some of the books I've read without it, and I finished The Awakening this past week. It was excellent, if you've never read it. The language alone was worth the read.
5. This is rather obvious, but Melody's Boot Camp. I'm still boot-camping, and loving it. Everyday I discover something else I am able to do that I didn't think I'd ever be able to do. I'm down 22 lbs from my starting weight, and I haven't had pop in almost two weeks. I feel strong and excellent, and I never thought I'd wake up this early on purpose, and keep it up. And, most important, no panic attacks in months.
I'll try not to stay away so long this time.
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches...