I am in the most cheerful of moods lately, which makes me want to write cheerful things (when I write, that is, which is not much.) So today I will share my favorites of this week:
1. Favorite healthy-living blog right now - Organize Yourself Skinny. The name is a bit of a misnomer - this is not about being skinny, but about reorganizing your life in small steps in order to live more healthfully. Tammy, the author, lost her own weight, and shares what has worked for her. It is well-written, fun, and real. She is very big on clean eating, which is something I'm working at. I love her tutorial on Mason Jar salads - went out and bought mason jars last week - ready to start making those - as soon as I have a working fridge again (ugh, that went out yesterday.)
2. Favorite place to go at 5AM - Melody's Boot Camp! They do boot camp classes, and kickboxing, and running clubs, and healthy living lessons, and support groups...and they're very affordable. I've always been a little scared of "boot camp" classes, but they're so supportive I find myself wanting to do more. When Mel decided to do a 5 year anniversary special rate, I decided this was the time to jump in. I've only done 4 classes so far, but I'm loving them. They are so hard, but I feel so good when it's over. I feel like I'm really committed to this healthy living this time - I don't want to undo all that hard work from the morning!
3. Song I've been listening to over and over - "Counting Stars" by OneRepublic. Yes I know it's mainstream and played constantly on the radio, but I rarely listen to the radio and it's really good, so shut up.
4. Favorite ASMR-talker lately - Fairy Char. She's adorable, and I get all kinds of good tingles from the hair play.
5. Favorite book I've read over the past few weeks: Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes. It was so heartbreaking, a very moving story. I started Under the Dome by Stephen King today.
I started this out all energized and ready to write and now I feel like I'm out of words. Ooh, I'll post my favorite cat picture from the past few weeks - I used it on the Relay Facebook page, and it made me giggle every time I looked at it: