What, so I post drunk and then don't get back on here for two weeks? Apparently that is the way I roll.
I really don't have much to write this week - I'm getting a lot more work at my job, and life is good and crazy. I haven't gotten a workout in since Sunday, which is stupid, because I have had the time, but I'm adapting to this time change like a neurotic 2 year-old. Which is to say, I'm not. I've been tired all week, which I could fix by waking up and exercising and then eating healthfully, but why would I want to fix what's wrong. Being a grown-up is dumb sometimes.
Since I'm not feeling all that inspired today, I shall incorporate a Friday Fabulous 5 - all the things I'm loving this week. Because I may be old and grouchy, but I still have some things that make me smile. They may as well make you smile, too!
1. Tammy is a busy mom who has lost weight and blogged about it. Lots of people have done this; I like her blog best. Organize Yourself Skinny
2. My girl and her Odyssey of the Mind team came in 1st at Regionals! They will compete at the state level in two weeks. I'm so proud of them. You've never heard of Odyssey of the Mind? It is a fantastic program, all about problem-solving and independence and creativity. If you are looking for a non sports-related activity for your kids, check this out. Homeschool groups can have teams, too. http://www.odysseyofthemind.com/
3. If you're here from Facebook, you know I do Relay. I Relay big, and I Relay hard. I post on our Relay Facebook page, and I find it difficult to find something interesting to post on there as often as I'd like. Cancer Man's mom, Cassi, writes a blog and maintains a pinterest board of all things Relay, and she does a good job of finding Relay ideas, and sharing them with the rest of us. http://cassiselby.blogspot.com/
4. My Gaiam green Metro Gym Bag. I bought it to take to Zumba and yoga, kept putting things in it, and now I carry it everywhere as a purse. It's water resistant (which is a good thing with all this snow we've been getting,) it's big, and it's GREEN!
5. You know how I've mentioned before that I like watching videos on YouTube? Not videos about doing interesting things, or parents embarrassing their kids, or music, or playing video games. No, my videos are usually people speaking softly, describing the jewelry in their jewelry box. Or pretending to give a pedicure. Or, and these are my favorites, brushing someone's hair. They're called ASMR, it really is a thing, they even featured one of my favorites on ABC World News and NPR. The soft speaking and (pretend) focused attention are very relaxing for me. They make my scalp tingle, and not in a weird way, in a relaxing way. The same way Bob Ross's voice would affect me. You all know how I love Bob. Here is a link to one of my favorites - Ilse.