Monday, May 5, 2008

A Little More Myself

So I'm starting to feel a little better. I have been sleeping - so very important. I'm still waking up shaky and uncomfortable, but each day gets a little easier. I've realized, though, I do not want to spend the rest of my life waiting for the meds to stop working. I'm going to look into seeing "someone" - you know, a (whisper) psychiatrist. Figure out what is going on up there. I'm also starting yoga classes this week, and I'm going to learn to meditate.
But for tonight, when I'm feeling not so bad, and needing to get to bed - I'm simply going to post a small list for your reading enjoyment. These are the things I am grateful for tonight. Because a little gratitude never hurt anyone...and can only make me sleep better.
I am grateful for:

1. My son, who will play endless games of Yahtzee with me when that seems to be the only thing making me feel better.
2. My daughter's hugs - ever plentiful.
3. This gorgeous state I live in. Have I mentioned how much I love it here?
4. My husband - who continues to love me no matter how crazy I act.
5. The amazing friends I have made here - every one of them will allow me to sob on their shoulder or babble incessantly about my state of mind.
6. My mom. For everything she is. And that is worth an entire post on its own, to come later.

Ok, so this has been an unusually sappy post, but I can't help it. That's just me tonight. G'nite sweet readers. I am grateful for all of you.

No comments: