Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Softball and superheroes, oh my.

I just sewed a hole in my winter coat. It took me all of 10 minutes, but the hole has been there for 3 years. The coat has been sitting on the floor next to the door, and my cats have been sleeping on it. Now I can wash it and wear it again. Of course, it is 86 degrees out...

What else is new...?

I mentioned in my last post that things, they are a-changin' on the professional front. I have started doing some administrative work remotely for an executive coach, which has been an interesting change. I have not done much yet, but I look forward to learning a lot. Also, and this is pretty huge, my job at the American Cancer Society will be changing in the next month or so. They are eliminating my current position, so I applied for several in the Cincinnati office. I have had a preliminary phone interview for 8 of the positions, and today I had a second interview for one of them. This position is several steps above the one I'm in right now, but I am confident I can be an asset. We'll see what's what over the next week.

Still doing the boot camp. Still loving the boot camp. Seriously, my friends, I am feeling so much cleaner and healthier. I quit pop cold turkey on Friday. I am missing it, especially when I drive, which kind of cracks me up, as my mom always said that was when she wanted to smoke the most. I'm always reaching for snacks and drinks while I'm driving...so I keep an enormous bottle of water and drink from it constantly. Which means that, by the time I get to work, I have to pee like a racehorse. But I haven't had a Pepsi...

So much softball.
All of a sudden, this week, practices and games galore.  She is enjoying it, though.  The girls on her team are great, and they have a great time together.  So much evidence to support the benefits of team sports on a young girl - she is definitely a more confident girl than I ever was.

Went to see the new X-Men movie yesterday - the most aesthetically pleasing movie I've seen in awhile. 
fassmcavoy
Be still my heart.  And there was this one scene...with Hugh Jackman...sigh.

Ooh, my left eye is all swollen today.  I woke up this way.  Kind of gross, but not seepy, so that's good.  The doctor says it's just allergies, but it was a weird way to wake up.
Okey doke, 4:30 comes early, so I have to get to bed.  You all take care, kisses...

No comments: